Monday, July 25, 2011

Pretty Silent on Communication

Communication has been pretty silent. Have not been able to get through to either Rick's phone or Pastor Wallace's phone. They are working, but the Tanzania lines have been tied up. There was a quick message today at 9:00am our time on my phone from the team that said "we are in route from Iringa to Morogoro" (this would be 5:00pm their time). Assuming that they are really in route FROM Iringa to Morogoro tells me they may already have been to see Pastor Konga & Edina and that they may already have left Ruaha. I would think they would be somewhere to spend the night (possibly in Dar es Salaam) prior to leaving Tuesday night.
I do know that Pastor Wallace's phone is functioning as it still plays Bing Crosby's "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" but it states then that you are unable to leave a message at this time. Could be their location is difficult for reception. Hearing that song made me cool down a little today as I listened to it several times today while trying to get through!!
It won't be long before they are here: Wednesday - July 27th they arrive in Omaha at 4:13pm on KLM flight 5246 from Minneapolis. Anyone who has some time or is able to swing by the gate to greet & welcome them, it would be really nice.
Pray for them all now, as this is the time that some apprehension sets in. Coming home is exciting but also somewhat disorienting also as one starts to think about living to a schedule & changing back to a fast-paced lifestyle & all the things that go with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm comming off the levee to be there. I have to go back, but...

skeeter creek Kevin